Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lookin for a stock replacement muffler and new tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for a stock replacement muffler and new tips

I recently installed LTs and ory on my car, I have the stock catback with a cutout. The website I go my cutout from did'nt send me a cap, wingnuts or gasket for it and at the time I didnt care because it sounded really nice with the stock manifolds and y-pipe. Now with the LTs and no cats it sounds alot like **** lol I have the loudest most ricey sounding trans am ever! I'm going to hunt down a cap for my cutout and close that damn thing. I want a decent flowing replacement muffler that is'nt loud as hell for a decent price and some tips that look like Magnaflows more expensive catback (the one with quad tips) also for as cheap as possible. I found a Hooker Aerochamber muffler for $64 which I might go ahead and buy, but the tips I want are like 120. You guys know of any good websites to look at for mufflers and tips with good prices? I dont want to buy a whole new catback, I'd like to keep the cutout I have already installed, if I ever go to the track I may want to open it up, its just too damn loud for the street
Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Launching!

little help
Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

The SLP dual/dual exhaust is your best choice for great performance and the most sound reduction. Check the classifieds, I see them up all the time either, the whole catback, and occasionally just the muffler. I can't think of a better choice for what you want.

You can get dual walled tips from Afterthoughts Auto
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/dual-exhaust-tips.html

They are dual 3" with 2.5" inlet
If you want dual 3.5" or 4" exit tips, you'll have to go to eBay. They are normally like $70-$100.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a set of used GMMG tips with clamps for $100
Old 10-28-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

slp is selling the dual/dual muffler right now