Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok...Narrowed it down to two kits... Help me choose!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ok...Narrowed it down to two kits... Help me choose!

I have narrowed down my search for a nitrous kit down to two options...

Its for a automatic LS1, Walbro 340 pump, 42# injectors... I'm looking to go as fast as possible, as safe as possible...

Now, I know one is dry and the other is wet...

I was interested in the HSW Sudden Impact Dry plate kit;

I was interested in a dry shot due to the interface advailable to tune it

-OR-

Nitrous Outlets 98-02 Fbody specific plate kit

Interested due to fitment for the car

What I was looking for on answers was;

How do I tune for the wet nitrous kit? trial and error in fuel/nitrous solonoids?
Can I still use an item such as the HSW Microedge interface with a wet nitrous kit?

And just which would you recommend and why?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dry vs wet is up to you, but both the kits will get the job done. It seems like you have the fuel system for the dry shot though.

I would think you tune both the same way though. Start small like a 100 shot get that dialed in and work your way up. A good wideband air fuel meter would be super helpful if your doing the work yourself, or you could get a good tuner to dial it in for you.

An I've heard you can use a interface to fine tune a wet kit by using the injectors to add extra fuel, like if you were using a 150 wet kit and wanted to spray 200, you could just change the nitrous jets and set the interface to add the additional fuel with the injectors.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:25 AM
FormerVendor

What other mods do you have and what size shot were you looking to go with?

To answer your questions, you would tune the wet kit with the jets. And yes you can also run the Interface with a wet kit. You can use it to dial in the fueling as well as pull timing.

Shoot me a PM, I'd be more than happy to discuss your build with you and get you going in the right direction. Thanks.

Nick
Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id go with the nitrous outlet kit. i bet the install would be a little cleaner, and its a wet kit, i like wet kits over dry in most cases. and im a nitrous outlet customer and wouldnt go anywhere else!!! they are a great company!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I would go with the Nitrous Outlet kit. Really clean install and the plate is top notch, plus they are just a phone call away if you have any questions.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
8 Second Club

I loved my nitrous outlet plate, ran 9.69 with it
Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

If you are looking for a super clean and sexy install then i'd go with our system. With our Vehicle specific systems there is no braided hoses to contend with and no wondering where to mount the solenoids at.......We have done all that for you .

Old 10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I LOVE my HSW Interface and MicroEdge setup. It is so easy and the tunability is just amazing! You can't go wrong with either of the sponsors. Both are great.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

What other mods do you have and what size shot were you looking to go with?
236/242 624/624 cam, Longtubes, catback, pulley, FAST intake, 90 MM TB, 3500 stall, 3.73 gears, 26" tall tires

I'm looking to hit it with a 150 shot realisticly... but to start, a 100...

ALSO... I am getting a new rear... should I change my gearing down to the nitrous?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I prefer the wet system when using the factory GM PCM. Ofcourse everyone has there own opinion. With our Vehile specific wet system the fitment is very very simple. The system comes already assembled. All you have to do is bolt it in place. You will not need to but extra fittings or hoses to try to clean the look up. With our fuel solenoids you can run strait E85 if you wanted to. They are designed to work with todays fuels.

Tuning with our wet plate system is easier than any other system. You simply just switch out the fuel jet to adjust the air fuel. Takes about 30 seconds.

Our plate system is capable of flowing up to 400 hp out of the box. So it is something you can grow with. Do a search there are plenty of customers using our plate to spray 250 hp and some are at 300. In order to be able to supply these type of horse power levels through the front of the intake the design has to be exact. We will let the results you find from our customers speak for itself.

So the answer is..
If you want a sexy looking system capable of safely supplying the HP you want now and later with the easiest tuning possible the answer is our wet plate system. Plus they are on special until the last day of October for only 599.99

Dave
Old 10-29-2009, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

I am definitly liking that system...

I dont think I'll have the money by the end of the month tho : ( So Im out on that deal...

Whats the opinions on the gearing?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
FormerVendor

I think you should leave the gearing at the 373 and go to a 28 inch tall tire.
Dave
Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

What would happen if I kept the 26''?

Trying to do everything right the first time.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
FormerVendor

You will more than likely run out of gear before the end of the quarter.
Dave
Old 10-30-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet

Tuning with our wet plate system is easier than any other system. You simply just switch out the fuel jet to adjust the air fuel. Takes about 30 seconds.
Dave

Dave, with your vehicle specific hard lines, do you have to remove the whole line to change the jetting? The kit looks good, but I have a couple questions about line length, etc.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Dave, with your vehicle specific hard lines, do you have to remove the whole line to change the jetting? The kit looks good, but I have a couple questions about line length, etc.
You sure don't. Just simply slide the b-nut back and loosen the fitting on the oposite end. It give you more than enough slack to slide the jet out and change it. I think you would be suprised at how easy this system is to work with. On some of the hard lined systems you do not even half to loosen the apposite end fitting. The hardline has enough give with out doing so.

Dave
Old 10-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Mean87SS
What would happen if I kept the 26''?

Trying to do everything right the first time.
Besides possibly running out of gear, the 26's won't give you as much traction as the 28's would.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

42's should be good to a 150 shot. Wet or dry both have their advantages and disadvantages and technically neither will be better for any one person so it would be silly for me to always say one thing. In your case for the goals you posted with the equipment you're running a dry shot would do the trick and very effectively. Another advantage you need to consider is that you can also pull timing with the Interface. This is a huge advantage for the guy that wants max n/a power coupled with the ability to run efficient timing on the bottle.

If you do consider going wet...keep goofy connectors and 90* bends out of the equation. There is enough of them already in the solenoids and the last thing you need is to hinder flow in any way.

Nick
Old 10-30-2009, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

Nick Wouldnt you agree though that they should concider the fact if going dry they will hit a point to where they have maxed out the mass air meter. I recently had a customer of yours that had a heads and cam car hit a wall with the interface due to how it works.

In order for him to continue to use that item he would have had to make tuning changes that would alter his daily N/A driving.

Since this guys already has a stick in the car there will be apoint depending on how much he wants to spray that he would hit the same problem..

Agree or disagree?

Dave
Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

I am very concerned about maxing out the mass air sensor.

I would want to do this right and do it the first time...

I know I will have to pull timing, and thats why the Microedge controller was attractive to me, I know I will have to do plugs, Thats not an issue...