Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 liter block differences?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 6 liter block differences?

Question for anyone knowledgable or having a good background with the 6.0 blocks: Is there any difference in the blocks out of the silverados / denail-sierras vs the ones out out an escalade? My reason for asking is that I heard the wall thinkness on the blocks in the escalade are thicker and better for boring out for big cubes. Anyone have an answer for that? Thanks for the help.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

sleeved cylinders are sleeved cylinders and you are not gonna be able to over bore one more that .010 withou adding larger sleeves

there are no diffrences the only diffrences is internals year to year
Old 11-01-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by TA Collector
Question for anyone knowledgable or having a good background with the 6.0 blocks: Is there any difference in the blocks out of the silverados / denail-sierras vs the ones out out an escalade? My reason for asking is that I heard the wall thinkness on the blocks in the escalade are thicker and better for boring out for big cubes. Anyone have an answer for that? Thanks for the help.
No. The Engine RPO code is different. The actuall blocks them selves are the same. LQ4 and LQ9 both use Iron blocks based around the LS1. The only real diffrence was the pistons and engine programing. They were dished in an LQ4 and flat tops in the LQ9. The Iron Block's can go upward of .060 over but it's recomended to have them sonic checked before you go that far.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate it.