Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nozzle Placement

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nozzle Placement

I'm trying to figure out where to mount my wet nozzle, and I'm toying with a few different places in the intake track. I'm trying for a "stealth" setup, so I don't want it to be obvious, but still work as it should. I've come up with two places, and I was wondering if the distance from the throttle body mattered. The first mounting point is 2.5" from the TB (in the tubing) and the second is 6.5" from the TB (in the lid). Would the greater distance give the nitrous/fuel mixture more time to mix with the incoming air?

Thanks.

PS: I run a speed density tune, so there is no MAF.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if it is one nozzle for fuel/nitrous i would stay as close to the throttle body as i could. if you think about plate kits and TNT's power ring they are at the throttle body. I would say 2.5 inches is better then 6.5". i had the power ring and loved it, never had any problems so i would stay close to the throttle body.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most plates have several discharges for nitrous and fuel so being behind the throttle body is not an issue. Just a single nozzle needs a little time to atomize and distribute the mixture. I would go 4-6 inched before the throttle body just to be safe.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the nozzle being used. If its one of our black mamba nozzles you'll be fine mounting it closer. The exit angle is at 70* and helps cover the face of the throttle body better than traditional 90* exits.

Nick
Old 11-03-2009, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No matter what nozzle you have the nozzle needs to be mounted in an area that there is enough time for it to attomize the mixture into the air flow path. The air is entering the intake plenum somewhere around 750 cfm. The cylinders are going to pull the mixture and air into the chambers how ever it chooses to.

With a nozzle no matter of the discharge angle it is only one single discharge entering the flow path. You want to give it enough time to mix into the air flow path. As long as you are a few inches before the throttle body you should be fine.

So to answer your question you should be fine with either one of the locations you mentioned.

One thing to remember is that if you were placing the nozzle a long distance away it will delay the time in when the nitrous hits causing it to hit softer. When I say farther away im talking something like 1 foot or greater.

Dave

Quick Reply: Nozzle Placement