Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 LS1 fuel issue? Maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 LS1 fuel issue? Maybe?

I just got a 98 LS1 M6 and have noticed that sometimes, and I mean like, maybe 3 or 4 times a week, when i go to first gear from a stop (usually after starting it) and start to pull out, the engine will lose power, I have to push in the clutch and feather the gas, sometimes I can keep it running, sometimes I can't. Sometimes, even if i feather the gas, feels like nothings happening and all of a sudden after about 2-5 seconds it will smooth out, respond to the feathering (rev up) and operate normally.

I'm thinking it seems like it's not getting fuel but is getting air and is leaning out? Fuel pump?

It has a full tank of gas, just put in some fuel system cleaner. I run 93 premium. Runs and drives fine otherwise, plenty of power, no smoke.

Only strange thing is it seems to be running at no higher than 190 F. Is that too cold?? Thanks
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many miles? Has the fual filter ever been changed?

Do you have access for a fuel pressure guage to check FP ? Thats worth a shot and should tell you the fuel pumps condition. You might be able to borrow one from Advance or Auto Zone to check it, its easy to do.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
How many miles? Has the fual filter ever been changed?

Do you have access for a fuel pressure guage to check FP ? Thats worth a shot and should tell you the fuel pumps condition. You might be able to borrow one from Advance or Auto Zone to check it, its easy to do.
98k miles. Not sure if it's ever been changed, just bought it. I can probably get a fuel pressure guage, they hook onto a schrader valve like on mustangs?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

check for an exhaust leak... could also me maf, or vacum leak.