Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

97 Firebird Formula HID's

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 97 Firebird Formula HID's

Hey guys i just recently put a set of HIDs on my car along with a set of ebay diamond cut headlights. The lights are bright as heck, but the headlights dont seem to do a good job focusing the headlights. My factory silverstars were by far no comparison but focused into a central location and illuminated the surroundings. It just seems these new headlight housings kind of "throw" the light out there in a foggyish fashion. If that makes any sense...

Heres a link the first 2 and the last one are from my car and the others are from my gf 01 honda civic with the same exact hid kit.

http://img687.imageshack.us/g/1010382.jpg/

The honda headlights are stock and mine are the diamond cut h4 conversion headlights. Do keep in mind the honda was at about my rear bumper next to me and it illuminates probably about another 10 to 15 feet more then mine do. I have tried to adjust them, but all it does is aim the light up without any focal point.
I was just wondering what housings everyone has gone with and the kind of results you guys have had.
And is there any way to possibly take and cut up a set of stock headlight housings and modify them for the h4 bulds to fit in? Any luck with this?
Thanks
Devin
Old 11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Those ebay ones are garbage! They are notorious for scattering light...especially with HID's! I think it has something to do with the way the reflectors are ridged instead of being a smooth surface.
I've tried those ones and recently I tried to buy a conversion housings set from a local guy..that presumably he got them from ebay (cause they are the same ones...even has the stupid "city lights" thingy) and they scattered the light horribly! So I got my money back from that and went to Eurolights!

IMO, thats your best bet...aside from doing projectors! I've purchased from Eurolights before and their stuff is far better at keeping the beams of HIDs focused ahead w/ great cutoffs and not scatter light everywhere!

Check them out...or if you need a set, I still have mine from my '95 T/A that wouldn't fit into my '98!

Here's what they looked like on my '95:

-Justin
Old 11-08-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^^^^ See mine do not do that on a blank wall, which is why it is a pain in the butt to adjust. My diamond cut lights have no pronounced focal point at 25 ft away. It just illuminates the entire wall with a sheet of light. To adjust mine i had to get like 10 feet away from the wall to see the focal point, then back the car out to 25 feet and adjust it more. What style of headlight did you use?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ~BuMps AloT~
^^^^^^^ See mine do not do that on a blank wall, which is why it is a pain in the butt to adjust. My diamond cut lights have no pronounced focal point at 25 ft away. It just illuminates the entire wall with a sheet of light. To adjust mine i had to get like 10 feet away from the wall to see the focal point, then back the car out to 25 feet and adjust it more. What style of headlight did you use?
PM'd ya good buddy! Yeah, you should be able to get a good focal point for the beams at 25ft away!! The ones I use as well as a lot of people on here is the Eurolights housings!

-Justin