Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Major Drivetrain Issue! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Drivetrain Issue! HELP

Last night while cruising in the parking lot going about 3-5mph, I hear a ping/bing in the clutch/shifter area and the car just shuts off. I coast to a stop. Push the clutch in and restart the car. Clutch still pushed in, I let the car idle for a sec and then try to take off. I depress the clutch and I hear a cluck and the car shuts off. I push the clutch in again and restart the car. I depress the clutch and try to take off and I hear the same cluck and the car shuts off again. So with the car in first gear, I get out and try to push it forward and no bueno. The car will not move forward or backward. I put the car in neutral and it pushes forward and backward so this eliminates the tranny being locked up or a shifter linkage issue. With the motor idling and the clutch pushed in, a row through the gears and reverse is fine, which eliminates an input/output shaft issue. So the issue is narrowed down to the slave cylinder, pilot bearing, torque tube, or clutch assembly. With the clutch in and the motor idling, I rev it a tad a try and take off and the car just dies. It doesn’t jump forward or anything, it just dies. There isn’t any noise coming from the torque tube area and since the car won’t rev, this eliminates it being the torque tube. I believe it could be that my slave went it out. What do you guys think it could be????

Last edited by SLOC5LS6; 11-10-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Only issue I ever had was with the stock clutch was that three or four of the levers of the clutch cover got stuck. When I opend the inspection cover I could see them. When I unbolted the cover they snapped back into place.

The symptom was different than yours. It was stuck in first. It wouldn't shift at all while running. I couldn't let the clutch out or it would die.

Up graded to a Textrailia OZ700.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned

Im thinking it's the torque tube bushings.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Did you get the clutch inspection cover off? I looked at my post and see it could be confusing. What I meant by unbolting the cover and the springs snaping back into place, I meant the pressure plate.
Do have the tools to remove the trans/diff/rear subframe?