Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Is the a diff bushing replacement utilizing the original metal sleeve?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the a diff bushing replacement utilizing the original metal sleeve?

Hi all,

I hope the question has not been posted before but is there any companies who have made a replacement urethane diff bushing "which utilizes the existing metal sleeve the original was made from?" My thoughts are easier replacement due to not needing to press out the original metal sleeve and only necessitating the melting of the rubber insert. This process would save time and frustration.

Thanks

Jack
Old 11-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jackrmartz
Hi all,

I hope the question has not been posted before but is there any companies who have made a replacement urethane diff bushing "which utilizes the existing metal sleeve the original was made from?" My thoughts are easier replacement due to not needing to press out the original metal sleeve and only necessitating the melting of the rubber insert. This process would save time and frustration.

Thanks

Jack

I have the UUC and the metal sleeve has to go, the creative steel diff bushing has its own sleeve and stock sleeve has to go ...

Its realy not that bad to remove the sleeve.. Either barrow the tool from the guy on the forum.

Or you can take a sawzaw and make 2 very care full cuts in the sleeve about 1/4 inch apart.
(you dont even have to go all the way through just maybe 75%)

Then take a flat head screw driver inbetween the two cut and give it some taps with a hammer till it folds . Pain in the *** and takes alittle more effort, but it worked for me.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks again to Maxspeed96ct.... I appreciate all your help thus far.... again if I can assist in any matter with regards to tires just let me know..