Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boosting Lt1, where to plug the manifold holes??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosting Lt1, where to plug the manifold holes??

I'm boosting my LT1 and I want to strip the manifold of all the useless vacuum accessories and anything else that can leak boost. I've already deleted the EGR, it's plugged and doesn't leak. I plugged the PCV and ran a breather, soon to be a catch can.
I bought a 58mm throttle body so I pulled the manifold to port it for the bigger butterflies and I noticed the smaller hole in the front of the throttle body housing. It looks like if goes to a line coming out of the front of the manfold. That line goes to a hard line and then terminates in the side of the manifold. It looks like it has a PCV check valve that goes to the lifter valley, but the check valve is crap and doesn't work well. My question is, Is this another form of PCV and can I delete it. My friend had his manifold ported like a big square and that little hole and everything else was gone. I was gonna do that, but i'm inexperienced and don't really know much about GM design. Help me out I don't want any boost leaks, Thanks Matt
Attached Thumbnails Boosting Lt1, where to plug the manifold holes??-11212009109.jpg  
Old 11-21-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plugged my front lower port and have the pcv ran to a catch can.Just remember to leave one for a boost guage lol.

Quick Reply: Boosting Lt1, where to plug the manifold holes??