Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Can someone explain some forced inductions questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone explain some forced inductions questions?

If a turbocharged car is only seeing the throttle open to 92% according to the tps will the car make full power or will it be limited? Car is still seeing full boost.

If you only need enough throttle area to see full boost to make maximum power than once a turbocharged motor reaches that point there would be no point in opening the throttle any further? So if your only running 4-5psi than there would be no need for throttle input past a very limited part opening in boost?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once full boost is reached, I would expect there to be little difference between part and full throttle, but know there will be some.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was tuned to 100% tps then yes it will pick up, because the tables and all that tuning stuff is in line. I know on my bro na TA his t body was not opening up all the way and was tuned that way, he change the tps because he thought that was the problem untill I wanted to see how the no2 sprays in the t body. With the air lid off he push the pedal to the floor and yeah that thing barley came up. In short we dynoed it the next day and the afr went stupid lean.