Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doug's Electric Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doug's Electric Cutout

Been looking into getting a cutout in the very near future. I already know I don't want to go QTP because I've seen too many bad cases with them and I'm partially interested in the DMH cutout.

However, the design of the Doug's Electric Cutout is the one I'm most impressed with since it doesn't use a "flapper" to close the pipe, it has a rack and pinion to fully close the exhaust so there is no exhaust leak.

The problem is everywhere I look to purchase one you have to buy them in a pair and I only need one.

Does anyone know where you can get a single or what options I have?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a new DMH cutout and the quality of it is amazing. I havent put it on yet but it looks 10 times better in quality than my previous McCord power plate which is amost identical to the QTP's. I dont have any experiance with the Doug's cutout so I cant say anything about it.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Teching In

thanks for the response.... DMH is definitely gonna be the route i go if I cant find a way to get a single from Doug's
Old 11-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

i havent seen a single from them, but my friend put the dual cutouts from DMH on his 99 SS, and he couldnt be happier with them, great quality!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Had DMH 3+ years now and use the cut out about everytime I'm out on the road. The owner is a stand up gentleman and stands behind his work.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I heard that the DMHs are faster than QTP...

Anything to the statement?

I bought a pair of 3-1/2" QTPs that are just waiting for my motor and then hear that,,, so i kinda wanna switch for some DMHs