Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

I need some identity theft help from Arkansas people

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I need some identity theft help from Arkansas people

Hello from Indianapolis. We just found out that someone has been stealing my wifes identity for the last 7 years in AR, KS, and MO. She has never needed to use her credit and we use mine so that is why we found out so late... we are super picky about shredding stuff and all that also and have only been married a short time. So far we do not know how much damage has been done but I know you can file a police report with the town/city that the theft was made in. They are Benton AR, and just un case the others are Lyon KS, Bourbon KS, Barry MO.

Does anyone know any police officers or detectives in Benton AK that could give some extra help?

Thanks.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 11-25-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I work in a Financial Institution and we see a case of this at least once a week. What I reccomend doing is immediatly put a flag on you credit reports call them and write them to notify them of what has happen if I am not mistaken they will help you dispute the accts that you did not open. There is really not a lot that the police can do but to file a report unless you suspect of anyone in particular. By law you can get 1 free copy of your credit report from Equifax, Trans Union & Experian here is the link

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp
Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

We know who it is, the credit report company or whatever gave us her name but we are going to double check. We got a number to a credit company to call on Friday and will go from there. Right now we do not know a whole lot but hope to know more Friday or Monday.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Sweet, I live in Benton. Want me to go shoot up their house I am off work tomorrow?

Oh and my dad is a Corpral with the Benton Police Department if you need me to drop names to him.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn it! ZaK, call me, we'll go bust some houses if needed!?!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

I guess that guy doest want us to?
Old 12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Zak Attack
Sweet, I live in Benton. Want me to go shoot up their house I am off work tomorrow?

Oh and my dad is a Corpral with the Benton Police Department if you need me to drop names to him.
Sorry it took so long to reply, I work Sun-Wed and don't have internet at home right now and it has been pretty hectic.

She called the credit company and they tried to sell her a service for them to take care of all of this but would not tell her how bad her credit is. She said no for now and called another one and they said that it is frozen because they can't prove who is who and told her to send them a copy ov her ID and a bill to confirm it is her and then they will mail us her credit report. If it is not all shot up then no need to pay a company ti fix it if it is an easy fix for us.

I will have her call them on Monday for an update and try and get as much info on this lady as we can and will PM you. If there is damage or signs of identity theft (am positive that there is) then we will pursue legal action.

Thanks guys.