Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous tuning?

I am looking at spraying my 427 c5. really looking at the hsw kit with the microedge controller and a nano setup. looking to do a two stage setup. i've pretty much got the basics of what i need to do, however one thing i am lacking still is tuning.

whats the best method in tuning? obviously dyno tuning, i know, but how would i run a nitrous tune and a regular street tune. I NEED both b/c i road race my car and drive aggressive occasionally on the street.

Am i to assume, i need to buy a handheld tuner which can hold dual tunes and just swap software when i want to spray? which handheld unit does this the best?

Basically, the setup will be about a 200 shot, plate kit. i will have a nano system installed as well. i am really looking at a HSW kit as it seems to be the hot item right now, but i have also looked at nitro daves stuff and i like that too! reason for hsw is for the microedge. the car makes 535rwhp right now and runs 10.6s consistently. im just trying to get more hp and get into the 9s next yr.

thoughts? thanks guys!
Aj
Old 11-30-2009, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Well its been a bit for me on new stuff so I'm not sure what the micro is capable of but if it can't do what you want. The timming tuner they sell has the capability of running a car with NA timming and N20 timming at the same time with out any change in tune. It will only pull timming when the system is active. This may be what your looking for. I and my friend run this set up so NA and N20 we have the best tune we can.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:11 PM
9 Second Club

EFILive has a custom Op sys where you can pull timing and add fuel via rpm, by the flick of a switch.