What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 SS, LS2, monster cam, built auto... WIW?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 SS, LS2, monster cam, built auto... WIW?

2002 Camaro SS, Red w/ black leather interior. T-tops, 12+1 CD, monsoon stereo, power drivers seat, 5% tint all around + 20% on windshield. T-tops have factory tinting but I am considering doing 5% over it to get it darker. T-top shades are in perfect shape (I had to install them when I bought the car with 50k miles on it).

Car currently is daily driven about 4 miles a day (to and from work) and is only outside about 8 hours a day while I'm at work, otherwise it is in a garage. I believe it has been an Arizona car (no rust at all) it's whole life, currently resides in Scottsdale, AZ. I bought the car for 24,000 back in 06 or 07 (I think 06) with 50,000 miles on it and it currently has 104,000 miles on it due to driving 25 miles each way to and from work (freeway) when I worked on the opposite side of town.

It put down 414 RWHP with a cam only through

With all that said... the good!!

-LS2 out of a GTO installed at 101,000 miles. It was a used motor, mileage I believe was under 30,000.
-The transmission was JUNK and was completely built to handle the motor by a shop in town. I told him what I was going to do to the car and he built it to handle that and not much more. It is a 4l60e with an edge 3800 stall converter. If the car stays the way it is it should hold up like a normal trans in a stock car, anything else you want to do I would suggest a 4l80e or th350 (I have access to a th350 core that can go with the car).
-AZPS03 camshaft (massive cam)
-stock heads
-36lb Injectors? not sure on size I will have to double check.
-Walbro 255lph intank pump.
-LS6 intake manifold
-!air
-PaceSetter Long tube headers / OR-Y
-SLP LM2 muffler with a BIG magnaflow muffler behind it w/ 3" turn down.
-15x3.5 pro stars on the front with spacers, VW tires as front runners (soon to be replaced with actual MT sportsman fronts
-15x10 pro star rears (7.5" backspacing with spacers) with 325/50/15 BFG Drag radials. *the car is too low for these tires so I will either replace them or put the stock springs back in the car, if replaced they will have 275/50/15 MT ET Streets*
-Stock calipers grinded to fit wheels.
-Sam Strano BP1 brake kit (slotted rotors / Hawk HPS Pads with plenty of meat left)
-Brand X Nitrous kit jetted to 150hp. I think I have the other jets somewhere but I am not sure. Long line dragged on the road a bit and popped so it has a new long line. Bottle mounted in back seat.
-SS floormats all in great condition. I think I have the regular ones too but I was having problems with the throttle getting stuck under it and being WOT, does not do this with the SS embroidered ones.
-Tuned by NicD (www.gonicd.com) dude knows his ****.
-Eibach prokit (also have stock SS springs)
probably some **** I'm forgetting I'll add in later.

THE BAD. (this is only going to be long because I'm divulging everything).

-Most obvious is the mileage. 104,000 and some change.
-The body is a little rough. Paint is good on 80% of the car, the front bumper has had some issues due to me working in bars and getting backed into a lot, probably just needs to be replaced completely. Will attach pictures
-One of the fog lights got hit by a piece of tire and doesn't work, just needs to be replaced I believe.
-Wear/tear on the drivers seat bolster. Looks like it was patched when I bought it and just let go.
-Couple of the speakers are blown out, will be replacing them shortly
-CD player in dash is stuck, not sure what the issue is but everything else works just can't get the CD out.
-I think the light for the gear shift select is out, has been out for a long time or it's just dim I can't really tell.
-Back bumper was repainted before I got the car, paint was shitty and got backed into so there's a bit of paint missing.
-Small dents here and there, looks like mini-hail dents but it doesn't hail here. Possibly from small meteorites or strippers beating it with stiletto heels. Either one is plausible.
-Passenger side A/C vent is broken. On a "quick fix" list for me so it will probably be fixed by time of sale.

Again probably some stuff I'm forgetting... Will add to this later too.

The car gets a TON of attention everywhere it goes, is a BLAST and EASY to drive for such a big stall / big cam car, is wicked fast on the motor and I have yet to spray on the car on the bottle because I haven't needed to.

I will post track times when I get out there but I am not sure I'll make it through without a roll bar and nitrous.

Pictures... I'm a photographer so I will take new pictures with the pro stars but here is one from the front with them and then with a set of 18" ZR1s that can go with the car in lieu of the prostars.

A picture of the front tint (windows were down)

Rear bumper w/ paint missing

Front bumper where I was backed into, most of that red **** is off but some still remains and will be taken off soon

What the front bumper looks like without the red **** on there (car hasn't had the Z06 wheels on there in awhile)

Passenger side air vent

Another fun picture

What do you guys think? Any more information needed just ask!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzZIDyU2ZLg

there's a video before the 2nd muffler was added inline

Quick Reply: 02 SS, LS2, monster cam, built auto... WIW?