Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 step off a foot brake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 step off a foot brake?

im having an auto swapped into my Z06 and still have my msd 2 step. does anyone have a 2 step wired into the foot brake? i will be running a circle d +4 stall (4k) and am wondering how it would react.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In bracket classes that allow two steps or stutter boxes and do not allow the use of a delay box, many racers do exactly what you are talking about. Now that I have a two step for my LS1 I don't plan to never use it whether I am using transbrake or just launching off the footbrake. It takes one more thing out of the equation to help make you more deadly consistent and it is one less thing you have to worry about while staging the car IMO.

Different people wire these up differently when using them for footbrake applications, the most popular I have noticed are off the hot wire to your brakes or off of a micro switch mounted on the firewall that contacts your pedal. Personally I don't like the brake pressure switches. Hopefully this gives you a few ideas...
Old 12-05-2009, 12:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am too interested in this...
Old 12-05-2009, 04:27 AM
11 Second Club

I too am runnin the Circle D 4C and i have the MSD 6Al-2. I have my two stepped wired in to my brake light switch, real simple to hook up. But on that same wire i have it on a toggle switch so i can turn the two step off for doing burnouts(dont have a line loc). We arent allowed to use it in our bracket classes tho sadly. But i have tried it out on friday nights. Its much easier to keep it consistent, but my car doesnt like the overloading off fuel in to the cylinders. So it actually slows it down since it kinda stumbles off the start. I havent looked in to how to control the fuel also so it doesnt overload like that but im sure its a simple fix.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:05 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 358chevycamaro
In bracket classes that allow two steps or stutter boxes and do not allow the use of a delay box, many racers do exactly what you are talking about. Now that I have a two step for my LS1 I don't plan to never use it whether I am using transbrake or just launching off the footbrake. It takes one more thing out of the equation to help make you more deadly consistent and it is one less thing you have to worry about while staging the car IMO.

Different people wire these up differently when using them for footbrake applications, the most popular I have noticed are off the hot wire to your brakes or off of a micro switch mounted on the firewall that contacts your pedal. Personally I don't like the brake pressure switches. Hopefully this gives you a few ideas...
This is how most of the NHRA & IHRA S/E drivers (that I know anyway) have their cars two step wired up.

As Brian said in his post, we can't use a 2 step in our FB bracket class at HRP. I wish we could, it sure does help the car leave at the same rpm everytime.

Coach

Quick Reply: 2 step off a foot brake?