Sponsored by:

transbrake>rear defogger

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default transbrake>rear defogger

dremeled out the defogger junk, and installed my transbrake button in its place.
going to get a matte black decal made with the defogger logo on it and put it on the button.
keep the stock look going.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

look great
Old 12-09-2009, 06:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So that looks like a momentary switch for a transbrake not a on/off switch. I am all for a switch to kill a TB in a street driven car, but for me there is nowhere more comfortable or safe than to have the TB on the steering wheel. (You can't have both hands closer to the wheel with the switch anywhere else.)

I'm not ******* your setup at all, just making sure I am seeing it all correctly. I love a sleeper just about more than anything! Sweet idea.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Most people usually only have one hand on the wheel when racing until you're in high gear, so I don't see that as an issue. As long as you find the placment convenient, then it's good in my book.

I have mine on the top of the quarterstick shifter, and has worked good for me so far.

having the button on the wheel is fine too, but again, unless you have an auto car that shifts on it's own (haven't seen anyone with that and a transbrake yet) I don't think anyone ever has both hands on the wheel at all times, it's not really possible.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:37 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Most people usually only have one hand on the wheel when racing until you're in high gear, so I don't see that as an issue. As long as you find the placment convenient, then it's good in my book.

I have mine on the top of the quarterstick shifter, and has worked good for me so far.

having the button on the wheel is fine too, but again, unless you have an auto car that shifts on it's own (haven't seen anyone with that and a transbrake yet) I don't think anyone ever has both hands on the wheel at all times, it's not really possible.
electric shifter.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Well yeah, if you have one of those in the car, but most guys playing with f bodies aren't doing that, at least the ones I know aren't

When I eventually put a glide in my car and a BS3 I'm definitely going to put a solenoid on the shifter and set an rpm that the thing will shift for me, and play with it and figure out where the car likes the shift point.

But for now... I'll keep pulling the lever
Old 12-10-2009, 07:50 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

no electric here, yet.
i still have dreams of keeping the interior as stock as i can.
all of the units out there will require me to ditch the console.
when i get bored and creative one day ill build me a custom shift setup.
i may lose use of the console storage area, but it will still physically look stock from the outside.