Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what cam to use ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what cam to use ?

ok here goes, i have a 6.0 litre motor lq-9 iron block,all stock bottom end ,with 317 alum heads carburated 650 bg demon carb w/ 100 shot nos . just bought a set of patriot stage -2 heads w/ patriot dual springs to 650lift my questions is What cam would work the best ms-4 or ms-3? worried the ms-4 top lift is 6.49 is that to close to the max w/ nos or is it ok. also what length pus rods 7.40 or 7.425 will work the best. thanks for any info. trying to get it done before newyears for race. run the lsx shootout in memphis this summer ran 11.79 @115mph on bone stock junk yard motor.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem is going to be piston to valve clearance with the Magic Stick camshafts and those heads. Before I'd attempt that one, you'd definitely need to measure your free valve drop (distance the valve travels from the seat until it hits the piston at TDC) for intake and exhaust. That'll tell us quickly if you've got enough room for a Magic Stick! My gut says you'll probably need less duration!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!