Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intake opinions needed

OK, I've been thinking of which intake manifold to use, the truck intake, or LS6.

Currently I have the truck intake manifold installed, I know it makes decent power and probably more low end torque.

But, I have an LS6 intake sitting on the shelf. I already have the corvette water pump, so to run it, all I would need is the fuel rails/injectors, and then convert to the car style injector plugs.

My truck is set up with 4.10 gears, 4l60E (stock F-body converter now....will probably replace it at some point ) and it should weight about 3900lbs when I get it on the road. Eventually I'll do a cam and some other mods. And I'm using a truck DBW TB.

I figure if I don't use the LS6 intake, I can sell it for a little money to continue funding the rest of the truck. I can sell the truck intake too, but would proabably only get enough to cover the costs to run the LS6.

The other thing is the truck manifold is just plain ugly. I don't have a cover on it (nor do I really want one). All of the wires are removed from the top of it, so I was thinking of trying to clean it up with a dremel, but don't know how that will look.

So I guess my question is which one would you use, and why?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Which engine, 5.3 or 6.0? I doubt the 5.3 could move enough air for the LS6 intake to make a difference.
Dont forget if you go to the vette or f body water pump, you'll need to change all the accessories, since the spacing is different.
Clean up your truck intake, sell the LS6.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by garys 68
Which engine, 5.3 or 6.0? I doubt the 5.3 could move enough air for the LS6 intake to make a difference.
Dont forget if you go to the vette or f body water pump, you'll need to change all the accessories, since the spacing is different.
Clean up your truck intake, sell the LS6.
It really doen't make that big of a difference, it does on the high rpm end. most the truck guy quit the swap years ago cause the gain was very minimal and not worth the trouble to swap it.

The truck rails will work. If you already have the Vette WP with the spacers then all you need is to cut/remove the idle pulley and move it lower. There is a relocation bracket I think SDPC sells but its $$$. But some just uses a bolt hole and spacers. Not really worth it if you want the lowend.

Read this http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...S6+intake+swap

Last edited by Bo185; 12-10-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, I have the complete vette accessories

and this is on a 5.3L
Old 12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

I have a set of LS1 injectors refurbished by RC that have never been used since the refurbish and balance plus a LS1 fuel rail for cheap if you decide to switch.