What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Improve value? Good idea or not.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improve value? Good idea or not.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...2-700-obo.html

I never had any offers for more than 8k or trades. What is the best I can get for this car. Is 9k shooting too high or is 10K a possibility?

That was my for sale ad a while back. the car now has 77,xxx miles.

I still intend to sell at some point probably this spring. What I am trying to decide is if I could/should improve the value and chances of selling the car by doing a few things to it.

Here is a list of ideas, tell me which would pay off do do and which would be as waste of money.

~Sell the TTII's and go with a red/black theme on the car (wheels, hood stripes, decals, CETA ect..)

~Upgrade the speaker system and unit. I recently have had problems with sound quality and the cd player sometimes does not show the time.

~Find out why the A/C does not blow cold.

~Put new seals on the T-Tops

~Have a friend who works at an shop re-paint the front bumper which has a few noticeable rock chips.

~Have the car dyno tuned as I think my track times (around 13.5's-6's) were not what they should be with the mods I have.

~3600 Stall

I plan to fix the crack in the dash no matter what. Thanks

Paul.

p.s pass along other thoughts/ideas.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 454 Likes on 329 Posts

Yeah you are asking too much with issues that could costs big $$. The a/c jumps out at me because that can get crazy high for repairs. If a potential buyer doesn't care about a/c then that would be fine but you want to appeal to all potential buyers. I would NOT sink more $$ into the car other than needed repairs. The repaint that you mentioned, if done well, will help without costing too much. $8,000 is actually a fair price for the car 'as is'. Yes, you can get $9,000, maybe a tad higher if the repair work is done and it needs nothing else that costs big $$ like tires, brakes, whatever. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Yeah you are asking too much with issues that could costs big $$. The a/c jumps out at me because that can get crazy high for repairs. If a potential buyer doesn't care about a/c then that would be fine but you want to appeal to all potential buyers. I would NOT sink more $$ into the car other than needed repairs. The repaint that you mentioned, if done well, will help without costing too much. $8,000 is actually a fair price for the car 'as is'. Yes, you can get $9,000, maybe a tad higher if the repair work is done and it needs nothing else that costs big $$ like tires, brakes, whatever. Good luck!
Brakes are brand new this fall. I'll have to take her in the spring for the a/c, it is in the garage for the winter now. Never used a/c so it was no bother to me. My rear tires have seen better days, I might look for a better used set. Thanks for the reply. I don't see many 4th gen's around here so that helps a little bit too.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't put any money into cosmetics. It will attract some people, yet deter several others. Keep it as stock looking as possible, giving the buyer a potential "clean slate" to customize as they see fit.

As mentioned, I'd fix the A/C and look into the paint deal. If the T-tops aren't leaking, don't waste your time changing them out. Any "mod" you do to a car you plan on selling is just wasted money. Just make sure all the options work, and leave it at that. Good luck with the sale.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Don't put any money into cosmetics. It will attract some people, yet deter several others. Keep it as stock looking as possible, giving the buyer a potential "clean slate" to customize as they see fit.

As mentioned, I'd fix the A/C and look into the paint deal. If the T-tops aren't leaking, don't waste your time changing them out. Any "mod" you do to a car you plan on selling is just wasted money. Just make sure all the options work, and leave it at that. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks for the advice, this is the path I will take.. if winter ever ends