Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Proper orientation for rear springs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper orientation for rear springs.

just installed my set of Koni's and did the rear heater hose mod. Im wondering if I installed the rear springs correctly. Im 99% sure I have the orientation right, but want to make extra sure. Can anyone post of some pics (or even take one) of their rear stock springs sitting on the bottom perch? If i reference where your spring ends against mine, I should know whether mine are installed correctly or not.
I guess i would need both sides.

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my springs have the bottom part of the coil wrapped around the side of the perch facing the rear.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW, i literally just did it like 5 minutes ago. but i didnt take any pics at all. and i already put the titres back on and dropped the car back down. i'll see if i can get the camera in there for a picture though.

hitman, thank you for doing that write up. that will definitely get me by until i eventually get some lowering springs. it looks so much better now. cant wait to pull it out of the garage to get a good look at it, but its 3 a.m. right now so it'll have to wait till the morning.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
my springs have the bottom part of the coil wrapped around the side of the perch facing the rear.
The problem is the isolators fell out before I could see how the spring should go back in and I didn't bother looking at the bottom first . That's for the driver side. The passenger side I learned and paid attention to its orientation. I have exactly the way it was before i took it out so im not worried about that one. And with that one, the end of the spring is actually facing the front. Maybe an LT1 is different?

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
WOW, i literally just did it like 5 minutes ago. but i didnt take any pics at all. and i already put the titres back on and dropped the car back down. i'll see if i can get the camera in there for a picture though.
Thanks a lot crimson. And yeah I did mine yesterday too. I did all 4 sides. Phew what a job.

The other thing is, I now hear a sound coming from my rear passenger side. My tires are really bald and already made a "out of round" droning noise at higher speeds, but now its like the same sound but much louder. How can that be? Is it simply that the tire is closer to the body after the hose mod and I can hear it more? I guess I'll know something after new tires are put on. But wondering if anyone knows anything? I'm gonna search for it now and see if I can find an answer..
Old 12-13-2009, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

bump..

Quick Reply: Proper orientation for rear springs.