Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

The better one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The better one?

I have asked before and never got an answer.Why are g.t.o hydraulic throwout bearings so much more money than an f-body unit?Like 200bucks more!Do they interchange bolt wise?Thanks for any and all help.I own both but would have to pull both trans to see.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They both use the same cylinder, but the connection to the masters line is different. A lot of GTO guys will just buy an f-body cylinder then swap the connection off their old cylinder.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
They both use the same cylinder, but the connection to the masters line is different. A lot of GTO guys will just buy an f-body cylinder then swap the connection off their old cylinder.
I still don't understand the price difference?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its probably availability. Thats the only difference between the two. Maybe the GTO's connection is made in Australia only for the holden stuff vs. the f-bodies fitting that more available and used on everything from trucks, f-bodies, vettes, etc. I know when we looked into making our GTO master kits we tried to buy the hard metal line between the master and the slave and there was litterally only one in the states. Master cylinders for the GTO's were also hard to get ahold of for a while, but I'm not sure if thats still the case.