3 teens die in katy

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3 teens die in katy

http://www.khou.com/home/Victims-ide...-79341522.html
KATY, Texas – Two more victims have been identified in the Sunday crash that killed three teens in Katy.

Jonathan Fernandez, 19, and Timothy Laufenberg, 18, were both graduates of Cinco Ranch High School.

Taylor Contreras, a 16-year-old sophomore cheerleader and FFA member at Morton Ranch High School, also died in the fiery crash.

The three were in a pickup that lost control while traveling southbound in the 2900 block of Katy-Hockley Road.

The truck skidded off the road, struck a large pine tree and burst into flames.

Investigators believe speed, rain and fog were factors in the crash.

Contreras’ friends have set up a Facebook site in her honor.

"R.I.P. Taylor, you were a very beautiful, smart, sweet, and talented Young lady. We know you are with God now, happy, and smiling. You will be missed by all! XOXO!" said one commenter.

"Taylor was a member of our youth group at Kingsland Baptist Church. She was a precious gift, and we are all so thankful to have known her," said another.

"She always had a heart of gold and a contagious smile," another friend wrote.
I knew both of the guys that were killed in the wreck they both went to my school last year, iv been told that the girl had a fighting chance of surviving but was burned to death when the truck caught fire its messed up that they had to die this way. I knew the guy passenger that died since jr high football and i went to the same auto tech school last year with the driver and from what i remember he was a crazy stupid driver. RIP TINY TIM!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think they said that Taylor Contreras was the one that owned the truck, and was driving the two guys were passengers. So sad thoughts and prayers go out to their families. Between this and the Corvette crash the thought of our daughter driving in the next 7 years scares the hell out of me. I think more needs to be done when people get the Drivers Licenses, ie watching videos and or seeing in person the effects of what can happen when you drive recklessly.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats crazy...it happened right around the corner from me. I live like 1/4 mile away from the scene of the accident.

Quick Reply: 3 teens die in katy