Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

powerdyne on 95z28?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powerdyne on 95z28?

i have a 95 z28 lt1 with 9-5-1 compression pistons. everyone is telling me to get a supercharger or turbo because of the pistons.. well i can get a decent deal on a powerdyne unit with 4.5 psi pulley on it and 30lb injectors. basically for about 800 bucks.. just wandering if its worth it? are they bad systems or any probs with them or input on them. im on a budget thats why im asking. because if there junk id like to know before i spend the money
Old 12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They're ok for a stockish engine, but if you do heads/cam and intake/exhaust work you'll find they become a restriction and heat your IAT's to the point where they do more harm than good. If yer just looking for a quick 100 hp thats always on tap then get it and spin it as fast as the thingwill allow with stock bearings, which I believe is 42k rpm. They eat bearings so ive heard but didnt have mine long enough. Most I could get out of mine was 7 psi and that was with upgraded bearings spinning it to like 54k rpm, but I have alot of mods and fairly free flowing engine so I moved up to a vortech. If you can come up with 1500 you can probably find a deal on a vortech like I did. Depends what yer goals are, but I would say spend once and buy better, because you WILL get addicted to boost, and probably want more than that PD can give you. Beware, boost is more fun than spray, and its always there when you need it. If you aint got good forged pistons, your gonna have to make sure you get a GOOD dyno tune or you'll burn 'em up. If you only have hyper pistons, you better stick with the powerdyne.

Quick Reply: powerdyne on 95z28?