Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheetah Install?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Cheetah Install?

Hey, I have a Turbo 400 in my Camaro and a Cheetah SCS shifter that I need to install in it. I was wonderin if anyone could help me out and give me a write up on how to install it! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Also, if you could maybe give me a list of parts that i'd need, I have the shifter and the cable, and that's it, I know there's some brackets i'm gonna need, but not sure exactly which or where to get them, and i'm sure there's gonna be some stuff i'll need for mounting it too, so if you could, let me know a list of parts, thanks!!

Right now I have some crappy shifter in there temporarily, and I can't wait to get the Cheetah in and get the console on, cuz the console doesn't fit with the shifter thats in there, and it looks like crap!
Old 12-17-2003, 06:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Nobody can help me out?
Old 12-18-2003, 08:39 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You have to make a simple bracket yourself. I just took a piece of steel and bent it U-shaped. Sort of like this:

There are a lot of photos in that directory (http://www.derty.org/install/th400), so knock yourself out! I use an M6 console and I simply slid the console on and off until the Cheetah shifter was centered. I oriented the cable so that it went through the drivers side tunnel at the back and then connected up to the tranny. You have to make a tight loop and stuff it under the console. There shouldn't be anything else that you need since everything should be there that you need. Also, if you have the neutral safety swtich you just need to splice it in. Just let me know ify ou have any other questions about the install.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DERTY
You have to make a simple bracket yourself. I just took a piece of steel and bent it U-shaped. Sort of like this:

There are a lot of photos in that directory (http://www.derty.org/install/th400), so knock yourself out! I use an M6 console and I simply slid the console on and off until the Cheetah shifter was centered. I oriented the cable so that it went through the drivers side tunnel at the back and then connected up to the tranny. You have to make a tight loop and stuff it under the console. There shouldn't be anything else that you need since everything should be there that you need. Also, if you have the neutral safety swtich you just need to splice it in. Just let me know ify ou have any other questions about the install.
Thanks a lot man! I'll probably hit you with plenty questions when me and my friend go to install it, hehe!
Old 12-23-2003, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

What Derty said. I used my original M6 console. That may be the secret to the install if your trying to use an A4 console....think about a swap, or trade with someone.