Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust rattle with headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Exhaust rattle with headers

I need your advice. Ever since I installed my headers I have been get a rattle coming through my exhaust in drive - not park. Not a rattle like something touching or loose external to the exhaust, more like a resonating rattle - reminds my of my cousins Silverado Z71 with straight pipes. Not an attractive sound on my TA. My setup is a Pacesetter LT headers, Pacesetter ORY (with a bump stop), into a SLP Loudmouth. I removed the SLP catback and installed the factory catback muffler to verify the Pacesetter dumping into SLP wasn't the problem. Now, the exhaust is more quite but the rattle/resonation still persists @ 1700-3000K while driving. Do we think it could be a bad set of headers (two of the primaries making contact when under load), poor design on the Pacesetter header or ORY, or something else? I have considered replacing the headers but I figured I would ask the forum incase it's something simple or if someone has run into this before.