TTU Fires Mike Leach

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TTU Fires Mike Leach

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...html?eref=sihp

Here is the "shed" and "electrical closet" James was placed in.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/200...hed-and-closet

I refuse to go to ESPN for ANY news regarding this because of the player's whiny *** dad works for them. Leach has "punished" players in the past this way so that they will not be subjected to the sounds of practice. James, although he has a little talent, is not that good. Other reports say that James has had bad practice ethic the past few weeks prior to the concussion and was complaining to the coaches about his dwindling playing time.

All in all, I think that Gerald Myers is a complete idiot and has got rid of two of the biggest all time coaches TTU will ever have. First, Knight and now Leach. If anything the school board needs to get rid of Myers.

Also, if Leach was not fired today, he would of got a $800k bonus as well.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Launching!

I have to admit, I was shocked when I heard they had fired him. Good luck finding a replacement that's even half as talented as Leach...
Old 12-30-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whats even worse is that Tech fired him minutes before the court hearing. Im sure that Leach had literally no say or a proper hearing in this whole thing.

I can see TTU being LAST in the Big XII next year.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
LS7 Member

Who didn't see it coming? The bonus was due tomorrow...

He took Tech about as far as they are capable of going as a football program. It sucks that they are losing him.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

I graduated with Adam james aswell as played high school football. I couldnt stand the way he complained about EVERY thing. The kid was lazy and had a terrible work ethic. Only reason he got to play at tech was because of his dad.

I heard about this before it was relased to the press and i laughed my *** off. I can just picture Adam standing in practice complaining about the sun and the coach say go sit in a closet lol.

Don't get me wrong i like Adam as a freind and i dont wanna see anything bad happen to him, but i think he brought this on himself. this should have all be handled differently. If Mike Leach did lock him in a closet as Adam says then actions should be taken, but i think there is more to the story than we may ever know.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Who didn't see it coming? The bonus was due tomorrow...
I had a feeling it was possible, but I didn't think they would actually trash the program for $800k. I have a feeling this move will end up costing them quite a bit more than that in annual revenue.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bballr4567
I can see TTU being LAST in the Big XII next year.
I'd bet against that

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
I had a feeling it was possible, but I didn't think they would actually trash the program for $800k. I have a feeling this move will end up costing them quite a bit more than that in annual revenue.
Tech is guaranteed to pay a MINIMUM of $1.6 million per his contract, and his shark of an attorney will likely go after the remainder of his contract worth close to $10 million in the coming days/weeks! Remember, Leach is an attorney who coaches football. He knows the law, and has the best working for him. He does VERY well for himself, even in situations like this!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Tech is guaranteed to pay a MINIMUM of $1.6 million per his contract, and his shark of an attorney will likely go after the remainder of his contract worth close to $10 million in the coming days/weeks! Remember, Leach is an attorney who coaches football. He knows the law, and has the best working for him. He does VERY well for himself, even in situations like this!
Oh I agree and I have no doubts that Mike Leach will be just fine, it's Tech's football program that I think will be hurt most by this (at least for the foreseeable future). I really don't think Leach will have a hard time finding another coaching job fairly quickly.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Gotcha. The way the biased media has reported this one, I'd be shocked to see him coaching DivI ball in the near future....Do I think Adam James should be beat to a pulp by players and hazed until he leaves the university and town? Yes.....but his daddy's position has screwed Tech in so many ways on this that it wouldn't do him the justice he deserves.

Tech'll be alright. With the money they've been paying Leach, they can bring in another talented coach and get back on the right foot sooner than later, IMO!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Tech's football program is going to get trashed after this. I also would like to make the point that ESPN has trashed another great coach. They are starting to get the same as MSNBC with throwing Media trash. If Adams daddy wasn't who he was this would never have made headlines. The school would have told the kid to buck up. Who would want to go play for a school that wont back a coach. Any player thats worth a damn wouldn't all your going to get are cry babies that want more playtime even though they aren't worth a crap. Im not even a tech fan and this just makes me sick!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

^^Agreed, two of the best coaches we've ever had they've gotten rid of due to the board of regents and athletic director not liking them for whatever reason Two steps forward, three steps back.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, that's just f'in crazy!! Mike Leach has an incredible record as a coach, leader and human being. He's the winningest coach in school history. Firing him two days after allegations from what many believe to be a disgruntled player is just unconscionable! Much different from the Mangino situation where they had other players backing up the story.
How in the Hell is Tech ever going to get another high quality coach to come in there if that's how they treat them. They're done! I'm talking SMU death penalty done! Make room at the bottom Baylor. Company's coming!
Old 12-30-2009, 03:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I wouldn't coach there, having seen the way the board and others are so willing o throw a coach under the bus at a moment's notice! Sad times for TTU and us fans

Old 12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Coaches and former players emails....

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.c...s/view/6270202
Old 12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Supposedly the judge was going to rule for him to be able to coach in the game because there was no suspension talk in his contract only termination. So they terminated him right before the court date.

There are also rumors that Ruffin quit.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, ALL those emails SUPPORTING Leach is just amazing.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Wow, ALL those emails SUPPORTING Leach is just amazing.
There are also ex-players saying how happy they are that Leach isn't there.

But you have to think about this...Leach has been there for almost 10 years and the school doesn't even have his back enough for him to make it through this. He must have been pissing off a bunch of people.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

He wasnt pissing off anybody except for Gerald Myers. Even as far back as 2004 he wanted him gone.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
There are also ex-players saying how happy they are that Leach isn't there.
There are always going to be people on both sides of the fence with regard to people and their personalities. I think whats significant about those emails is the common theme, James' attitude.

Either way, there isnt a single person involved in this that comes out 'clean.'
Old 12-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
He took Tech about as far as they are capable of going as a football program. It sucks that they are losing him.
This is a very fair statement. Tech's season last year was the high point in the Red Raider football program's history and that will be very difficult to ever duplicate again. IMO Leach's downfall was his "me against them" attitude. If you don't get along with your boss (Meyers) then your days are numbered.

When the dust settles though, Leach will land somewhere else as a head coach, but what coach is going to want Adam James on his team? If I were a coach, I wouldn't.

Last edited by mmiller; 12-30-2009 at 05:12 PM.