LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

stb issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stb issue

So originally i contacted there technical support at ZZP and asked if there struts bars will fit a GXP. They said yes.

Got them over xmas holidays and I just went to install the front 1 and it touches the alternator.... so needless to say i wont be trusting ZZP anymore. So im gonna figure out if its worth selling it here locally or start a email convo with ZZP

Ive also tried reversing the bar flipping it upside down and no dice. got a friend that owns a impala ltz maybe he will buy it off me. I wont be bending the bar cause that destroys the integrity of the bar itself.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

just get donrome's
Old 12-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Launching!

After i get some cash back from the front one. i will see about contacting him. mostly posted this to let anyone know that ZZP front stb wont work. Gonna try the rear tomorrow and post up if it works.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigalnash
just get donrome's
X2...my damn front STB hits the hood when it is closed to it rattles a little so once i get my inferno hood the problem will be gone lol
Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
X2...my damn front STB hits the hood when it is closed to it rattles a little so once i get my inferno hood the problem will be gone lol
Mine used to rattle also. After playing around with it and figuring out what was really rattling, I fixed it. It was the trans dip stick vibrating on the brace. Added a piece of two sided foam tape where the dipstick sits, problem solved. I two thought it was the hood rattling, as it touched as well, but it wasnt. Maybe this will help you, maybe it won't.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
Mine used to rattle also. After playing around with it and figuring out what was really rattling, I fixed it. It was the trans dip stick vibrating on the brace. Added a piece of two sided foam tape where the dipstick sits, problem solved. I two thought it was the hood rattling, as it touched as well, but it wasnt. Maybe this will help you, maybe it won't.
never thought of that...thanks!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Update: The rear stb fit in no problem and i got it bolted down real nice. So rear from zzp works. Front doesn't without modification. Heading to a local bending and welding shop tomorow to see what they can do to the front stb.