General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

this is a chassis question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is a chassis question

so i went to have my car aligned on the 20th at Lone Star Chev. it pulled to the right going in. they did the best they could but told me that the adjustments were maxed out and couldnt get it perfect, but it still pulls just a hair. they also told me there is a slight flat spot as you turn the wheel lock to lock.
the flat spot could be the rack and the alignment could be the chassis sightly bent.

i drove the car a hair over 1000 miles over xmas loaded up with stuff, the passenger rear rubbed on bumps. factory height and all, i looked at the car on a few different surfices both loaded with stuff and unloaded. The passenger rear sits lower the the driver side.
this all started within the last few weeks, but the car has had welded scfs and a 3pt STB for a while now, prob at least 4 months.

Im sort of baffled with all this, it may all be related, it may not. could be the car is twisted but why would i just now be seeing it? what about that one spring (passenger rear) sagging? putting together my turbo stuff right now and i need to be sure the car is sound before i go giving it that kind of power.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd take it to a better alignment shop. Find one that can inspect the frame, they will give you a better answer.