Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Pedal travel/feel....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Pedal travel/feel....

After heads/cam/intake/full suspension/new clutch/slave/Tick MS and a rebuilt tranny, i finally got the car back together.

Only issue I am having now is with the clutch pedal. It feels as though for the first half of the clutch pedal travel it doesn't do anything. It feels as though the clutch engage/disengage point is about a 1/2" total of pedal travel. It shifts fine, although i haven't been above 2500rpm yet.

I was just used to the clutch having some "feel" to it, now everything seems to happen just off the floor. I have adjusted it up and down and either the pedal stays on the floor when i bring it low(it will still engage/disengage) or when i move it back out it the pedal is very light and doesn't seem to disengage until i get near the end of the pedal travel.

Should i keep moving it up further?

Sorry if this is hard to make sense of... it's been a long day.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been having the same issue, I am curious to see what your issue is. Hope you get it worked out.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My LT1 clutch pedal is very high. In fact just pushing it 2-3 inches will cause full release leaving a lot of dead pedal travel that does nothing. I installed a custom adjustable pedal limiter to eliminate all the dead pedal and thus making my pedal travel half of what it was stock. I have a couple more of these limiters if you are intereted, PM me.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...r-limiter.html

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal travel/feel....