Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low pressue with n20outlet plate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default low pressue with n20outlet plate?

I'm going o be building a low pressure 10psi dedicated fuel system for my nitrous system. Will this be a problem with a nitrous outlet plate and lt1 intake manifold?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It shouldn't be, just don't use the jet chart that comes with it. The nitrous jet size will be the same but the fuel jet will be way smaller than the ones used with a high pressure fuel system.

When you buy a regulator get a Holly 12-803. They are the most reliable, fastest responding regulators that you can get and they are only about $25.00! If they are good enough for the Outlaw 10.5 guys and Pro Mods then they are good enough for my slow junk!
Also invest in a good flow gauge, you will need it to dial in your fuel pressure accurately.

How big of a shot are you going to be spraying? If it is more than 200 or so I would HIGHLY recommend going with a direct port. The distribution on LT1 intakes sucks ***, anything over 175-200 with a plate or single/duel nozzle setup and you are playing with fire. Been there, done that...

One more thing, stay away from liquid filled gauges, they are junk....
Old 01-09-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you mean I need to run a bigger fuel jet with the lower pressure. I,m stepping up to a 200 shot from a 150. I just dont trust the fuel rail getting sucked dry with that kind of hit. even though I do have a ractronix pump and hotwire kit.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pyro719
I think you mean I need to run a bigger fuel jet with the lower pressure. I,m stepping up to a 200 shot from a 150. I just dont trust the fuel rail getting sucked dry with that kind of hit. even though I do have a ractronix pump and hotwire kit.
wise move.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAKED
It shouldn't be, just don't use the jet chart that comes with it. The nitrous jet size will be the same but the fuel jet will be way smaller than the ones used with a high pressure fuel system.

When you buy a regulator get a Holly 12-803. They are the most reliable, fastest responding regulators that you can get and they are only about $25.00! If they are good enough for the Outlaw 10.5 guys and Pro Mods then they are good enough for my slow junk!
Also invest in a good flow gauge, you will need it to dial in your fuel pressure accurately.

How big of a shot are you going to be spraying? If it is more than 200 or so I would HIGHLY recommend going with a direct port. The distribution on LT1 intakes sucks ***, anything over 175-200 with a plate or single/duel nozzle setup and you are playing with fire. Been there, done that...

One more thing, stay away from liquid filled gauges, they are junk....
Why do you say this? I just purchased one (Fuel pressure gauge) from Nitrodave Damn I wish you and some of the more experienced members would post more. It's really starting to **** me off how some shops take advantage of people and their ignorance of these motors. I read a lot of the stickies and older threads, lots of good informative info. Lastly just to let you know I appreciate when you post. Thanks
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 AM
9 Second Club

They are just inaccurate. There are lots of causes for it. One big one being temperature.

It may not be as bad on high pressure setups but on a low pressure setup it can cost you a motor. I run the FP on my kits anywhere from 4 3/4 to 5 3/4 psi. If I have it jetted for a 400 shot and one of my gauges are off by 1 or 2 psi then I'm fucked. That is why you need to invest in a good flow gauge. I don't even have a FP gauge on my setup.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 AM
9 Second Club

They are just inaccurate. There are lots of causes for it. One big one being temperature.

It may not be as bad on high pressure setups but on a low pressure setup it can cost you a motor. I run the FP on my kits anywhere from 4 3/4 to 5 3/4 psi. If I have it jetted for a 400 shot and one of my gauges are off by 1 or 2 psi then I'm fucked. That is why you need to invest in a good flow gauge. I don't even have a FP gauge on my setup.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by pyro719
I'm going o be building a low pressure 10psi dedicated fuel system for my nitrous system. Will this be a problem with a nitrous outlet plate and lt1 intake manifold?
You shouldn't have a problem with the plate @ that PSI and HP level.