Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What tq arm for big hp.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What tq arm for big hp.

I just purchased a fully opioned moser 9 inch housing from a member on here brand new and in perfect condition for a smoking deal. I already know what third member configuration im going with. i just dont know what tq arm to go with. The car will have a twin kit on it in the future pushing the sought after 1000 hp area, so i only want to do this once. i was looking at the bmr trak pack tq and wondeirng if thats way over kill for amostly street car that only sees the track once in a while. i was also looking at spohns pro series tq arms. i really like these tq arms. i was just curiouse about the mounting of the crossmember they use for them. the 4 bolts that mount it to where the boby brace was are very small bolts. i just was curious to the strength of this mounting design. thank you for your time. comments and suggestions are always appreciated thanks.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you should be fine with just about any torque arm as long as its not mounted to the tailshaft of the transmission. if you're looking for a full length, I would go with BMR's unit, along with their relocation crossmember. thats what i just installed on my car along with my 9". if you're wanting something a little more drag oriented I would go with a short torque arm from any of our sponsors. the bolt in units will all mount using those 4 crossmember bolts and ive never heard of anyone having any issues with them holding up. if you really want something that you know you wont break then go with a madman, burkhart or a BMR trac pac. those will require welding and probably wont be very tolerable on the street.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say BMR.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like said above any of the 3 would be great choice's. I use the BMR Track pack and drive it on the street. No problems with it.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:15 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Anytime a customer asks about what is the best torque arm for their application when if comes to big power. I always suggest going with a tunnel mounted torque arm. I understand that you are worried about the 4 small bolts but we have cars running in the single digits and don't have any issues what so ever! What offer a few different styles depending on your exhaust combo. Below is a link to show you what all UMI performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...6obbrme7ksfi34

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 01-11-2010, 07:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sent... check us out!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hello!

If you're interested in a torque arm for a drag race set-up, then take a minute to look at our products. All of our suspension pieces are made of 4130 steel and use air-craft grade rod-ends. Our set-up has been proven on 6 second Outlaw Drag Radial cars, with high horse power/torque.

Here is a link to our online catalog that shows our prices and a detailed description of our product.

http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/sho....aspx?itemid=4

If you have any other questions, or would like to order any of our products, please call us at the shop during normal business hours. Our phone number is 225-673-3533.