Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 nitrous help

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 nitrous help

ok i just got a zex dry nitrous kit and ive got 75 and 100 shot jets and its a stock motor with mild mods and need to know what other changes i need to make like do i change to a diferent plug or do i adjust timing and how on a 99 ls1 camaro
Old 01-15-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do a search and read the stickies, youll get more then enough info there
Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jernigan359
ok i just got a zex dry nitrous kit and ive got 75 and 100 shot jets and its a stock motor with mild mods and need to know what other changes i need to make like do i change to a diferent plug or do i adjust timing and how on a 99 ls1 camaro
Some people say its ok to spray on a stock tune and some say dont. I think the max is 150 on stock tune. But if you happen to pull timing it's 2degrees for every 50 shot.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jernigan359
Yes you need a colder set of plugs. You can change timing a few different ways. You can pull it out all together from the tune or you can use a timing device such as the Interface controller. Also make sure your fueling is adequate. I don't know what you consider mild mods, but just make sure the supply is enough to keep up.

Nick
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Everyones idea of mild to wild is different, but if you don't have a cam or anything like that then you should be able to spray the 75-100hp shot without a problem. You will need to change the plugs in the car and I'd suggest going to a NGK BR7EF stock# 3346. Other than changing the plugs with a dry system you need to make sure you have enough fueling to cover the nitrous as well as injector because with a dry kit you are relying on the fuel pump and injectors to compensate for fueling. For the timing aspect of it we have had phenomenal results with the Lingenfelter unit http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3467 .
Old 01-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Teching In

ok so switched to a wet kit and its 100 shot but still zex kit so i use a 4n line from the fuel rail to the module and hook the bottle to the module run 3n lines from the module to the nitrous port and hook up the tps wire power and ground and pull 4 degrees of timing then change plugs. do i still use the ngk br7ef part #3346 listed above or do i need to use a different one for a wet kit ?and thank you for all the help guys.

Quick Reply: ls1 nitrous help