General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Leak from the unknown

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak from the unknown

Hey everyone my first thread my T/A has a leak problem i cheked the T-tops clear the T-top canal clear so its not from above theres a tiny drop every now and then in the rear corner of the passenger side window but its no threat now what gets wet is the floor BEHIND the passengers seat quite a puddle while everywhere else is dry WTH!? is this possible what did i miss HELP i hate the smell of wet carpet in the morning!!!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The windows are adjustable so you can change how tightly the glass closes on the weatherstripping.

First check the "reveal" of the windows. Go to the driver's side and compare to the passenger's side from the outside of the car. Do you see any differences? (A millimeter difference could be your issue.)

Second, check the rear guide inside the door. The rear guide slides up and down a track mounted to the back of the door. Peel the plastic back and make sure the guide is still firmly attached to the metal bracket attached to the glass. Sometimes, these guides break off and cause problems.

If your reveal is off and the rear guide is in good shape, you should be able to adjust the rear window stop to allow the glass to extend farther and seal better. There is a front stop and a rear stop inside the top of the door. They are made of white plastic and sit inside the door panel. You just loosen their screw on the door panel to move them up/down.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip i have adjusted the glass and the drops are gone but i pulled the carpet and found out the water comes from up front? it comes all the way from the passengers side floor runs under the seat and ends up soaking the rear passenger side floor how can this be?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

That's a common problem, but I don't recall the cause. You may try a search or a new post.