Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings!

My name is Keith. Im a native of Chicago, but now reside in Reno, NV for the past 11.5 years.
Im WAAAAAAAAY ADDICTED to rock crawling/ 4 wheeling. Its just NOT RIGHT!
It consumes my mind, my money and my time. I sometimes feel that a heroine would be more forgiving and less expensive.
My latest endeavor (which is also the largest scale project that Ive ever even considered) is the frame off REFRESHING of a 76 FJ 40 Landcruiser that I picked up for 1700 bucks.
The plans include:
rust excisions with 18 ga patching (DONE)
Factory undercoat strip with bedliner to follow (done)
frame clean (done)
01' 5.3L vortec from a GMC 1500, 4L60E (02) rebuilt, NP203 t case to 19 spline split case, Howell wiring harness, some chassi harness (?)
SOA
PS conversion
37's
etc, etc, etc.

I know PAINFULLY LITTLE about these motors and trannies and is why I am here HUMBLY seeking any and all information to make this project a success.

Im positioning the motor and trans this weekend, and Im certain that I will be having NUMEROUS questions regarding wiring, cooling etc for you all here.

Havent quite figured out how to use this site though, so any recommendations would be great!

Hello to all!

Keith
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome post some pics up of you project, if you look around in this section you should be able to find some good information
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids-28/
Old 01-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
I will do that.
I spent the weekend getting the motor positioned in the rig and the mounts tacked in place. Looks soooo AWESOME!