General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

unusual rev/crappy idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unusual rev/crappy idle

i just installed kooks lt headers and tsp true duals on my car about a month ago now. i had to re-adjust my true duals to get better ground clearance this past weekend and there didn't seem to be a problem until last night when i went to work. when i first start my car there doesn't seem to be a problem but when i drive, if i push in the clutch the engine will rev abnormally high and it almost seems like if i am at a faster speed it will rev up to a higher rpm and lower at a low rpm. it will even rev up the rpm to higher than before i push in the clutch. also, if i drive and get to a stop light the engine will do like what i just said above and after i get to a stop the rpms will drop to nearly 500rpm and then it seems like if i stay stopped it will verrry slowly creep up to around my typical rpm. the engine also sounds like crap even when it gets back to around normal rpm. i checked for codes and i got inactive o2 for the sensors i had to take out for my new exhaust( this was done a month ago and the car went a few weeks before i got this problem, not sure if that's it but i'm gonna get some fittings put on when i can. i also had a knock sensor fault i've had in a few months now but i didn't worry to much about it because my car was running fine and it didn't have any missfire issues or anything like that when i hooked up the tuner. i haven't gotten my car dyno tuned yet and on saturday the little stupid neighborhood dog was barking at me and my brother when i was in my car so i revved up on him and scared him. i hope that didn't mess my stuff up. anyways, any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

You probably need a tune man that should clear up your prob and if not they can tell you what your cars doin
Old 01-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Teching In

yeah, i was thinking i should get that done now. i hope that's all it is and not a valvetrain issue. i don't have my own garage so i do work at my parents and my wife doesn't like them so i don't have much time to troubleshoot a valvetrain issue.