Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

steering wheel jerks out of my hand stiff steering while parking.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering wheel jerks out of my hand stiff steering while parking.

Help I damn near bit the shoulder the other night! I have a intermittent problem where the car jerks the wheel to the left, then pulls that way, then goes to the right pulls that way, than straightens out, and drives like a dream for 20 min or so then it will do it all over again! Also parking or tight turns is a bitch! feels like I have no power assist, it is worse when hot, and gets better if I rev the engine up to around 2000rpm, then I get some assist back!

Is it my pump, or my rack? Or both? I just replaced the lower ball joints, and had a front end alignment, replaced the entire column do to theft damage, I have also replaced the serpentine belt. I never owned this car before all the repairs, so i don't know what it was like before, or if what i have done has anything to do with these problems! Thanks Jamie
Old 01-27-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

you sure the front end alignment is right? Alot of time bad front end alignments when applying the brakes will make the vehicle go all of the place. And also on bad front end alignments when you hit any bad run in the road the car will pull with it. They should have given you specs on the front end alignment after they did it to what they set it to. What are the settings they set it to?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

they didn't give any specs, they said it was fine I don't think they adjusted it..mmmm I still think the pump is going or the rack though it should feel like I am parking my dads 68 chevy truck with no power steering should it? o i that normal with the F41 and FEH steering package?

Quick Reply: steering wheel jerks out of my hand stiff steering while parking.