Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Click/tick noise on right rear hatch speaker

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Click/tick noise on right rear hatch speaker

So today I installed a DDin unit, Kenwood DNX5140. Before putting everything back into the dash, I fired it up. Everything came up as it should, and I had sound out of all speakers.

One thing though, there's a noticeable click/tick noise from the right rear hatch speaker. Only that one.

1) I turn the volume down and the noise is still there.
2) I disconnected the speaker and the noise was gone
3) I reconnected it, and then I cut the + and - Right rear speaker wire from the head unit, in order to isolate it .. but the noise was still there on the hatch speaker.

My buddy suggested to take out / bypass the Monsoon amp and do a direct connect from all speaker to the new Head Unit.

Thoughts?

Last edited by SnakeStomper; 02-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Anyone? Is this a unique/random problem?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i had the same thing exactly in my 96...since u have a new head unit i think u better stay off the factory wiring i had kenwood too connected everything but the sound wasnt decent also some noise in the rear speakers...i bypassed factory wirings and had everything wired again and now sound is crystal clear
Old 02-02-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
well i had the same thing exactly in my 96...since u have a new head unit i think u better stay off the factory wiring i had kenwood too connected everything but the sound wasnt decent also some noise in the rear speakers...i bypassed factory wirings and had everything wired again and now sound is crystal clear
Hi, thanks for your inputs. So it seems that it's just a mismatch using factory wiring and some HUs. I did try, for the heck of it, to wire one speaker directly from the HU (just a quick test, holding the speaker and touching the HU wires) and OMG the sound was so much clearer.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

ofcourse...new wiring is easier anyway...and ur welcomed how did it fit in ur dash.any pics?? am looking for LCD but i cant find something fits in there size is a problem...gd luck with urs..
Old 02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
ofcourse...new wiring is easier anyway...and ur welcomed how did it fit in ur dash.any pics?? am looking for LCD but i cant find something fits in there size is a problem...gd luck with urs..
I'll post pics once everything is re-done, hopefully this weekend ...
Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

good luck...waiting

Quick Reply: Click/tick noise on right rear hatch speaker