Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

replacing the system???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing the system???

My OEM Monsoon in my 1999 Camaro SS is really pathedic. The Monsoon system in my old 2000 WS6 blows this system not only out of the water, but off the planet! People who say the systems are the same, are so wrong, its pitiful! My WS6's Monsoon crushes this SS Monsoon. I have replaced both door speakers and I have one sail panel speaker that doesn't work at all! This SS has absolutely NO bass.

If I decide to replace the system, are you guys re-wiring the entire car and just leaving the OEM wiring in place?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe when my system was installed, he used the wiring for the door speakers and sail panels in the back seat, and only ran wires for the subs, amp.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Are you talking about just replacing the speakers? If your only swapping them out the oem wiring will work, if your going to push them with an amp I'd run new wires and remove the oem ones while your at it, don't want a bunch of wires that lead to nowhere so I'd just do it right while your doing it (if amp'd).
Old 02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a 5-channel amp that is running the subs and components. that's probably what he did, since i wasn't there when the install was done, i couldn't say for sure....
Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my little brothers base camaro with monsoon really pumps out the bass. you need to replace the sail panel speakers, thats where the bass comes from. frind a decent 6.5 subwoofer combo to put in the sail panels and you will be happy

also dont just toss new door speakers in the front door, you have to rememebr the tweeter hookup is different on the front doors for the camaro
Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
my little brothers base camaro with monsoon really pumps out the bass. you need to replace the sail panel speakers, thats where the bass comes from. frind a decent 6.5 subwoofer combo to put in the sail panels and you will be happy

also dont just toss new door speakers in the front door, you have to rememebr the tweeter hookup is different on the front doors for the camaro
Like I said my WS6s' Monsoon sounded like there was a set of subs in the hatch compared to this car!

What year is your brothers Camaro?