Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

60' times on street style suspension??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 60' times on street style suspension??

Right now Ive got revalved Bilstiens with the Eibach springs, subframe connectors, LCAs and relocation brackets, panhard rod. Ive got prostars all the way around with Nittos on them and was just curious what kind of 60' times people are getting on simalar setups without going to a complete drag setup with softer shocks and drag springs. Also my car still has the 10bolt so I know thats is a big limiting factor but that is in the works of getting replaced and I dont know if I should change out the setup Ive got or just leave it alone.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Just another suggestion for you. It sounds like you have what you need for the rear end. Just not a strong enough rear itself. To tell you the truth I would get one before you get a good set of tires because it wont last long until it pops. And you were mentioning about a set of drag springs. I would suggest looking into a set of coil overs and adjustable rear shock for ultimate weight transfer. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer as far as weight transferring. Sorry couldn't help with the rear .

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...=index&cPath=6

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad
Old 02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Right now Ive got revalved Bilstiens with the Eibach springs, subframe connectors, LCAs and relocation brackets, panhard rod. Ive got prostars all the way around with Nittos on them and was just curious what kind of 60' times people are getting on simalar setups without going to a complete drag setup with softer shocks and drag springs. Also my car still has the 10bolt so I know thats is a big limiting factor but that is in the works of getting replaced and I dont know if I should change out the setup Ive got or just leave it alone.
Based on your SIG it should 60' in low 1.70's

6-speed cars are hard to make consistent especially on a set of Nittos....
Old 02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. Yeah I just had the tranny/clutch gone through. NEXT is a 9inch and a good driveshaft. And yeah I know it sucks trying to be consistant launching a M6 but its still a street car for the most part and only comes out to play on the weekends. As far as tires go I used to have Mickey Thompson radials and loved them. Then I got these for pretty much free so I couldnt complain but the next set will def be M/T.

So you guys think 1.7s are possible with the setup Ive got now?? Thats pretty respectible and should net me my 11.50 pass or so.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
No Problem! Glad I could help. You should have no problems at all being in the 11's with the set up you have. Seeing how you are looking to go with a 9in later. I would suggest going with at least a single adjustable lower control arm and pan hard bar. Doing so will eliminate any binding issues even with the aftermarket rear. Below is a link to show you what I am explaining.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...elupojf5r5fsg4

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: 60' times on street style suspension??