Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best Torque Arm for Moser 12 Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Torque Arm for Moser 12 Bolt

I have heard many after market torque arms have mounting issues with the Moser 12 bolt. Mainly the 4 mounting bolts on the rearend. So what arm is everyone running on the Moser 12 bolt? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Ive run an SLP and SPOHN. Never had a problem and I have been running a Moser 12 bolt since 2005.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

All aftermarket torque arms bolt to the Moser 12-Bolt the same way. Its just making sure you keep those bolts tight or wire tie them. Anything to keep them from coming loose.

Here is our list of torque arms, if you have any questions please ask.

Torque Arms

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Staging Lane

I had the tunnel mount Torque arm from UMI and it fit perfect. The car hooked like a front wheel drive!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black 99 Bird
I have heard many after market torque arms have mounting issues with the Moser 12 bolt. Mainly the 4 mounting bolts on the rearend. So what arm is everyone running on the Moser 12 bolt? Thanks.
Like everyone has mentioned it's not the torque arm that really has the issue but the way Moser chose to retain the torque arm on the housing.

A factory 10-bolt or Strange 12-bolt uses through bolts to retain the torque arm to the housing. Moser use 4 shorter bolts which are prone to loosening which in turn cause the mounting bracket loosen,bend and eventually fail.

I have had very good luck with using brake cleaner and a blow gun to clean the bolt holes on the rear housing making sure there is no dirt,oil or debris in the threads. Then installing the hardware with thread locker and properly torquing the fasteners back down. It is common to see the top bolts come loose first because they are the hardest to reach. I would then recommend checking on them in a couple of weeks to make sure they maintained proper torque usually then they have no problem backing out.

We offer several different variations of torque arms to fit a wide variety of applications.

A link to what we offer can be found HERE

Any questions you might have feel free to ask
Old 02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by white mayhem
I had the tunnel mount Torque arm from UMI and it fit perfect. The car hooked like a front wheel drive!!!!
Great to hear

Quick Reply: Best Torque Arm for Moser 12 Bolt