PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Did M6 to A4 swap...trying to load A4 tune with LS1 edit...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! Did M6 to A4 swap...trying to load A4 tune with LS1 edit...

I have LS1 edit from about 8 years ago..... and recently did a m6 to A4 swap on my 2000 Z28. I need to put the A4 tune into my computer.

I pulled an A4 tune from my other 00' camaro and copied the engine tables from one file to the other. When I went to install the tune, it gave me an error and said it was not compatable. I think because i was trying to write over an M6 tune with a A4 tune????

Anybody tell me how to do this correctly? My edit is liscensed to this PCM and I don't want to srew up anything. I can get my buddy with a tech II to flash a stock program into the computer for me, but would rather just do it myself and not have him drive out to BFE to program it for me.

thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, why are you living in Egypt?
But seriously, it sounds like it did not like the compilation file you created.
I have had that error with LT1Edit (screwed up program from same screwed up company) when the checksums did not match.
Since it is h/w tied to that PCM, have you tried the following:
1) Download the tune from the PCM to your laptop.
2) Take that file and upload it to the PCM.
This is just a gut-check for the application - it is a marginal application at best.
I honestly think you may have to do it in much smaller increments than what you are trying. You might also try contacting carputing, they may actually still offer a tiny bit of support for LS1Edit.

Quick Reply: Help! Did M6 to A4 swap...trying to load A4 tune with LS1 edit...