General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Left side blinker SOLID LIGHT!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left side blinker SOLID LIGHT!!

Hey guys, my car does something weird. It happens off and on. When I turn on the LEFT blinker, the light doesn't blink, it's just solid. The actual blinkers on the outside do not blink either, they are just a solid light. I checked both light bulbs front and back, and they are okay because my hazards work and all 4 lights blink if I turn on the hazards. Please help, could this be an electrical issue? a fuse maybe? or maybe wiring. after awhile.. it will go away and go back to normal. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Won't be a fuse (or it wouldn't work at all). Odds are against it being the flasher because if the right signal works fine all the time, then the flasher unit is OK.

Solid on means a bad bulb, usually...

When that happens, and the outside bulbs are all solid on, flip the hazards on and check the ones that are blinking. Make sure that the left side are blinking the same brightness as the right side.

My friend's car would do that, but then we realized he had a bad socket because the driver side front was actually blinking through the dim filament instead of the bright one because of a shot bulb socket.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Check the flasher relay there are actually 2 one for the hazards and one for the blinkers. They are located under the dash just remove the panel under the steering column.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Teching In

ok i checked the lights with the hazards on. the right side blinks brighter and the right side is just solid in the front. I checked the socket on the left side, and it is all jacked up.. weird brown stuff on it.. i don't think i'll be able to fix it, probably have to just buy a new socket. thanks guys