Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0157 O2 sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2 - Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default P0157 O2 sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2 - Help

OK. I've searched everyones previous threads and tried everything you guys have mentioned that is doable in my basement.

Code P0157 - Low circuit voltage - O2 sensor - Bank 2 Sensor 2. I have swapped the rear O2 sensors from the passenger side to the drivers side and vice versa. I was hoping the code would follow and change to P0137 - then I would know my O2 sensor was bad. No luck. After the swap, the SES light came on again and the code was still P0157 - bank 2 sensor 2. So I'm pretty sure the O2s are OK.

Checked all wiring harnesses going to the O2s - none were touching exhaust and all were in good condition. Also cleaned all electrical connections.

Did not "see" any exhaust leaks - everything looks in good condition.

Someone on here said to try cleaning the MAF. I tried that, got alot of bugs out of the screen and cleaned the five MAF bars and three sensors VERY carefully with acetone. Still throwing the same code P0157.

The only thing mentioned on here that I haven't tried is checking/replacing the cats. I'm assuming now that the Passenger side catalytic converter is stopped up or bad. Does anyone agree/disagree with this assumption? What type of cats do you guys recommend that won't interfere with factory computer settings so I can get rid of this blasted SES light?

Thanks.
SouthernX201
Old 02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

While we are all sitting around guessing what the year, make, and model the car is and what if any mods are, you can take a look here. http://www.gearchatter.com/
Old 02-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Sorry, 2000 SS Camaro - 100% stock. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Default P0157 solution

Thanks for ALL the replies!!!!

Just for future information for someone else with similar troubles.....

Finally found the problem - exhaust leak immediately behind the passenger catalytic converter. A weld in the pipe had cracked nearly all the way around. Apparently it started as a small crack after I ran over some debris over a year ago. This is when I first noticed the SES light. The SES light would not stay on for long periods of time back then. As time went on, light would come on and not go off for a long time and then it was on for good. Gas mileage really started dropping the last month or so. Anyway, welded the pipe up and all is good. Light is off and staying off. O2s are all reading correctly and no codes or SES light!

If you have P0157, P0137, or other O2 codes, I highly recommend looking at the exhaust closely for leaks before changing the sensors. My sensors are all over 100,000 miles and still good. Hope this helps someone.
The following 2 users liked this post by southernx201:
SoCalDave (07-08-2020), Steven503 (09-27-2022)

Quick Reply: P0157 O2 sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2 - Help