Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

San Diego dealership service advice!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default San Diego dealership service advice!!!!

My future sister in law has an 06 Chevy Trailblazer that has some major computer or electrical issues. I know these cars have had a lot of complaints regarding their electrical systems, and a number of people have gone to the dealership only to have them throw parts and money at them until repaired. Unfortunately she cannot afford this technique, and needs the repairs done right, and diagnosed right the first time. I'm looking for a dealership in the area where I can feel good about her going, and not being taken by the service writer.

Symptoms include a no longer functioning gas gauge, a slew of DTC's, rough idle. The battery drains after 2 days of sitting. She has had the steering column lock on her at lights. It really seems as though there is a major electrical issue, or computer issue, I've inspected what I could of the main harness, and found nothing wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, like I said, she has no money to throw at this, but I'm making her get it taken care of.

As always, thanks in advance!
Brandon