Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on my thoughts/plan...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on my thoughts/plan...

This isn't really a tuning question, more of wanting some opinions on my plan for the next year to two years. I've been reading like crazy about tuning the past several months and believe it is something that would greatly interest me and I think it's something I want to tackle because I plan on extensively modding the car over the next two years.

So here is my plan for the next two years in a nutshell: bolt-ons and Procharger. I want to pick up HPTuners Pro with a reputable wideband in the next few months. My car as it sits is bone stock minus a lid, catback and 4.10 gear. My thought process is that learning to tune on a car that is close to stock would be more beneficial, in my opinion, than throwing all these parts and the car and trying to tune the car.

In the meantime I'll be buying some books, reading the forums and continually trying to learn as much as I can until I can get my hands on HPTuners and start some real world learning. What do you guys think of this plan? Any additional advice?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is exactly how its supposed to go. Too many complete a full build, then attempt to tune with no real success. The have no knowledge base to work from. You will find yourself becoming more and more critical of the tune once you have the power to change it. Itis addicting. you have been warned.......