Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

need some help on halo headlight install

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help on halo headlight install

so my black halo's and black clear corner bumper lights came in today. i have a few questions.

1) how do i wire up the halo? just to the bumper lights and will they always be on or only when i switch the parking lights on to give the just ambers and fog light affect? or will they be always on like the parking lights? because i do not want that.

2) i heard you should silicone the parking lights to prevent water from getting in. where is this done , just where the lens and housing meet?

3) do the headlights need any silicone as well? because i noticed these 2 ruber things attached to them with holes leading into the housing.

thanks guys sorry for so many questions plan on installing tonight and just wanna do it right.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
so my black halo's and black clear corner bumper lights came in today. i have a few questions.

1) how do i wire up the halo? just to the bumper lights and will they always be on or only when i switch the parking lights on to give the just ambers and fog light affect? or will they be always on like the parking lights? because i do not want that.

2) i heard you should silicone the parking lights to prevent water from getting in. where is this done , just where the lens and housing meet?

3) do the headlights need any silicone as well? because i noticed these 2 ruber things attached to them with holes leading into the housing.

thanks guys sorry for so many questions plan on installing tonight and just wanna do it right.
(1) I spliced my halos into the fog lights. Only when fogs are on, the the halos light up

(2 & 3) Never had any issues with water getting in. I guess anywhere moisture can seep in (at the seams) you might want to silicone up
Old 02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
(1) I spliced my halos into the fog lights. Only when fogs are on, the the halos light up

(2 & 3) Never had any issues with water getting in. I guess anywhere moisture can seep in (at the seams) you might want to silicone up
ok man thanks yeah i forgot about splicing it into the foglights, is that pretty easy i guess lol?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

here is my last question which needs to get answered lol the halos have 2 red and 2 white wires going into a lil black box ( i guess this is the resistor) then only come out as two red wires??? which one is the ground and which one is the live lol
Old 02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump.

Quick Reply: need some help on halo headlight install