Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ford roadster P/U chassis question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford roadster P/U chassis question.

I have a question about my 1925 Ford TT roadster P/U project(Long-term). I want a fairly low stance but channeling the body isn't really an option. I've pretty much decided it'll have to be Z-d at the rear, at least that's the conventional method to get a lowered ride height with an early chassis. It's a straight Model A frame and has all the crossmembers intact. I'd planned on running a 4-link and coilovers instead of the transverse buggy spring in the rear.

So, any of you fellas built an early hot rod with A or Deuce rails? I thought it might be possible to use a large C-notch located right at the end of the chassis, obviously above the differential. The kind you might find or see on a bagged mini truck w/ a body drop. Ideas? Thanks.

I'll get some pic's posted after work today. It's mocked up with the 409 shortblock and diff. under the rear.

-SS
Old 02-20-2010, 05:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A.M. bump.

-SS
Old 02-22-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a really cool hot rod project. Being a little older than the average guy on this site, I know what you're talking about. However I honestly don't think that you'll find too much input on this forum....
Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Right on, thanks for the reply. I'll just figure it out when I get to that part of the chassis work. I wasn't sure I'd get any replys here, but thought there was a guy with a pre-war Ford sedan w/ and LS in it on here. Just found my camera late last night, pic's to follow.

-SS