Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Will LCA's help traction on a drag car w/ no wheelhop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will LCA's help traction on a drag car w/ no wheelhop?

My car sees the track a few times a month and it is also my daily driver. I have never had a wheel hop problem but I do have somewhat of a traction problem (normal). I've searched through plenty of LCA and traction threads but haven't really found the answer I'm looking for. I want to increase traction but I'm not sure LCA's are the answer since I don't experience wheelhop.

How I see it, the only way an aftermarket LCA would help traction is by reducing flex foward and aft. If this is the case, I might as well box my own LCA's for $5 in material and keep the quiet OEM rubber bushings (I could care less about handling). Any thoughts?
Old 12-29-2003, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone? Bueller?
Old 12-29-2003, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get some G2 LCA's. They won't flex at all. Boxing up the stockers won't help that much. It will just add weight. The stock material is softer than what you could get from LG or BMR for that matter. New LCA's will help with traction even if you don't have wheel hop.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not so sure about lca's helping with traction on a car with no wheelhop. Yes, they do stiffen things up. But, they don't change geometry and therefore I suspect the gains will be minimal. The car should "feel better" since the rear end is where it should be and not twisting the LCA's and such. But, for 60 ft times, I'm not so sure. If you try them, let us know what happens.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the input fellas.