Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEM W/B A/F , come in please

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AEM W/B A/F , come in please

next week i'll order the AEM Wideband Air / Fuel Gauge the gauge comes with sensor , and there are two 02 sensors plugged in the right/left side on my headers , so where i should plug the AEM sensor ?

thanks in advance
Old 02-21-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You will need to get an 02 sensor bung welded in somewhere, I'd recommend the drivers side bank because of the #7 cylinder tending to be the leanest. The only way you would be able to remove one of your current 02's and put this in its place is if you got a tune that would not require your narrow band 02 sensors. The AEM W/B kit may or may not come with an 02 bung, if it doesnt you can get them from most sponsors or other performance parts suppliers. :cough: Bring it to an exhaust place and they can weld it in for you for pretty cheap.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
You will need to get an 02 sensor bung welded in somewhere, I'd recommend the drivers side bank because of the #7 cylinder tending to be the leanest. The only way you would be able to remove one of your current 02's and put this in its place is if you got a tune that would not require your narrow band 02 sensors. The AEM W/B kit may or may not come with an 02 bung, if it doesnt you can get them from most sponsors or other performance parts suppliers. :cough: Bring it to an exhaust place and they can weld it in for you for pretty cheap.
thank you , does any one have some pistures for this setup ?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my wide-band sensor installed on the driver side y-pipe about 1' after header collector. (Driver bank tends to run slightly leaner)