Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Double adj control arms with relocation brakets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Double adj control arms with relocation brakets?

i got a pair of double adjustable control arms from umi and i was woundering if i should get a set of reclocation brakets for my 9'' rear? will i have enough ajustment with just the control arms or will i need more? this is my dd weekend drag car.... matt
Old 02-21-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the car is lowered get them if it's not then it optional
Old 02-22-2010, 07:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monte383sbc
i got a pair of double adjustable control arms from umi and i was woundering if i should get a set of reclocation brakets for my 9'' rear? will i have enough ajustment with just the control arms or will i need more? this is my dd weekend drag car.... matt
Hello
Just a few suggestions for you! If you go get a set of control arms I would highly suggest going with at least a set of single adjustable to maintain a good ride quality but I would suggest either a rod end or a roto joint for articulation for the rear to eliminate any binding issues. And they also allow you to center the rear in the wheel well. And with the relocation brackets they allow you to adjust the control arm more parallel to the surface eliminating any wheel hop issues and increase your traction performance. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...qqngup21bgaon1

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...qqngup21bgaon1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad
Old 02-23-2010, 05:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the adjustment in the LCA's and the adjustment you get from relocation brackets serve 2 entirely, completely different purposes.....adjustment on one basically has no bearing on the other.

the adjustment on the LCA's themselves helps you center the rear wheels in the rear wheel wells from front to rear (not side-to-side, that's the panhard bar's job).

the relocation brackets help you to regain lost LCA angle on a lowered vehicle, and/or help with traction issues if you are getting wheel hop when launching the car.

whether or not you should actually get relocation brackets depends on what your plans are for the car....if it's a daily driver, auto-x or road course car, i don't think you really need them (and in such cases, they can actually hurt your performance).....however, if you're looking to drag race the car, they could come in handy to prevent wheel hop and to help plant the rear wheels better when launching.